Here are some rules or suggestions for optimizing the memory work:
- Accountability Partner – get a accountability partner that you talk to and pray with daily, so you share you victories, defeats, knowledge of the Word and prayers together to learn more and more how to overcome. This should be different from your recital partner,
- Recital Partner – get a recital partner that you recite the scripture to, so you know you have them memorized. This should be different from your accountability partner*,
- Time – Spend at least 1/2 hour a day memorizing the scriptures. You can use 10 minutes in the morning, 10 minutes at lunch, and 10 minutes in the evening to get this done,
- Look them up – Look up each scripture and learn the context in which they were given and why they fit into the topic of the week,
- … other help coming.
* Notes – if you are married, your spouse makes a great recital partners and she will grow in the Word with you as you recite the scriptures to her.